Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Week 6

End of Week 6 and have lost another 2kgs! That brings me to a total loss of 16kgs. I weigh 104kgs now. Wow... Closing in on those double digits. I want them SO bad!

I am feeling great today. Especially because I'm sure I resisted the equivalent of about 2kgs of treats and junk food over the weekend with work Christmas parties! At one point a few people commented that I had no meat on my plate, but I explained that I was on a diet and they were satisfied with that. It seems I am lucky that most people understand or have family members on diets or are themselves on diets.

One lady was very persistent to all those around her (not just me) that we should all indulge in dessert (and seconds of dessert) from the awesome spread that was put on. It did look lovely. But, I wasn't that interested. I know it wouldn't have been that bite of cake that ruined things - it would be the several pieces of cake that would follow.

The only thing that kind of sucked was when my boss wanted everyone to have a small glass of port and toast to our year together. He seemed mildly offended when I declined, but I said that I wasn't drinking tonight, which I think was ok. Lots of people were driving, so I think it was understandable.

Yesterday I made up a soup with all the remaining veggies I had in my fridge. It was basically cauliflower, celery, zucchini and a bit of kale and a handful spinach leaves. Oh, and an onion from the cupboard of course. Felt great to be able to make something yummy with everything that was going to go bad in the next few days. Cauliflower is so great for thickening soups. Still my fave veg!

My reward for 20kgs lost will be a manicure. I have NEVER had a manicure before because I have bitten my nails my entire life. For some reason since starting this diet I have been able to grow them, so hopefully in the month or so it takes me to lose the next 4 kgs they will be long enough to manicure (they're pretty close now).

WIL: 2kgs, the habit of biting my nails.

WIG: More confidence in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!