Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 18

Today I just couldn't be happier. I stepped on the scales this morning to see a lovely big whoosh, and an extra special surpise: I am no longer obese.

Not only did I somehow manage to lose 2.2kgs this week (what!?), but my BMI is now 29.6. I really can't believe it. I had to step on and off the scales a few more times to make sure it was right.

Seriously, though: What!?!!!?

It's 18 weeks since I started Optifast. 12 weeks of Intensive (how did I ever do that?) and 6 weeks of Transition. That's 126 days total - over a third of a year! Wow.

I've been through so many ups and downs in the past 4 months, and I really cannot believe that I haven't turned to food to make it better at all. Sure, I've eaten off plan a few times, but I've always counted my calories and made sure it was for the right reasons - like needing fuel to exercise.

I weigh 85.6kgs today. And it seems like I'm closing in on my ultimate goal fast. Of course, I expect things to slow down a lot as I have less to lose. But honestly, even as fast as things have gone for me, I'm no longer in a hurry. The way I'm eating these days feels very sustainable. If I had to eat like this forever, I truly believe I could. I'm never hungry, and I'm well and truly in a routine with things. If it takes another year to get to my goal, so be it. I feel better every day. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally.

So, my next goal is 40kgs lost, and also to weigh less than my boyfriend. He is sitting at around 79kgs, so both of those goals are pretty close. I should be there in the next couple of months. Actually - they might get met just in time for my birthday in May! Now that would be a happy birthday!

Oh, and there's one other wonderful thing to report from this week. I finally decided to brave the shops and buy a couple of things to wear to work. My uniform is literally falling off me. The pants, even though stretchy, are finally at the point where they do not stay up. And they don't have loop holes for a belt. Plus, the shirts are so big and gaping, that I'm pretty sure I was at the point of flashing bra on a few occasions. You could have fit another person in those shirts with me, I swear!

So, I pysched up the courage to go to Target on the weekend. For the first time, I did not go into the plus size area. I browsed around the City Dressing section and grabbed a bunch of size 16 shirts and pants to try on. They fit! After the first couple of outfits fit, I decided to quit while I was ahead and just buy them. Being pear-shaped, I've always had a lot of trouble buying pants. But if they were going to fit me first try, I wasn't going to argue! Plus, I think they really looked good!

Today I am at work in my new clothes. My wonderful friend (who always compliments me, because she is just so lovely and kind) has already commented. I am a little nervous that people will notice a big change and, dare I say it, see my FIGURE! But, I think it is worth it for my self esteem to not be looking like a clown in those big clothes. It was really getting depressing putting that stuff on every day.

WIL: 2.2kgs, an "Obese" BMI.
WIG: New clothes! Ability to shop in the "normal" section.

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you!