Friday, May 2, 2014

Week 25

I'm a little late in posting my Week 25 weigh in. I lost 300gms, which brought me nicely into the 70s! Yay! Less than 10kgs to go to my goal weight.

I've been having a bit of a rough trot of late. Bingeing a bit. Or feeling that bingeing feeling. My binges are, frankly, unrecognisable from my binges of 6 months ago. Nothing like the 12 doughnuts and half a tub of ice cream I used to chow through in a sitting. But, I know that urge all too well. I'm not hungry or anything, I'm just desperate to put something in my face. And lots of it!

Anyway, so I've been battling that. And, for the most part, I guess, winning. Last week I notched up a couple of days of 1700 calories, and I didn't do much exercise (just the two runs for the week). But, 1700 calories is probably (for my height/size) a maintenance or very slow loss level of intake.

It's not really the calories I'm worried about, though. It's the habits I might be forming. So, I've been trying really hard to kick this stuff outta here. I've strung together a few really good days of exercise and good eating.

I'd realised one of the things I had started slacking on was the veggies. Making sure I have lots of veg in my main meals is really helpful for keeping me full. They're not the best snacks for me, as I (perhaps only psychologically) feel like they can make me hungrier. But, beefing up my meals with them is a good tactic for me.

I'm starting to see that checking in with yourself regularly and re-assessing your daily habits is a very important part of long-term weight loss and maintenance. Things slip sometimes without you even realising!

I've also got on board a few of these 30 day fitness challenges for May. I downloaded an app that had a few of them on it, so I'm doing three: squats, planking, and arms. The arms is split into pushups, tricep dips and mountain climbers. All three challenges are currently taking me less than 5 mins to do in the morning, but this may increase as I build up the reps and suffer a bit more fatigue.

Before I started yesterday, I got the boyfriend to take a couple of "before" photos of me in my knickers, so I can compare in 30 days if I've got any more definition or toning going on. Will be interesting to see!

So far, I'm pleased to say that I have completed both Day 1 and 2 of my challenges! Yay!

Going to go catch up on all my blog reading now - I haven't visited most of you in ages and need to see how you're all going! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of an app that does provides 30 day challenges. I'll have to look that up and see if I can muster up the commitment. Congratulations on making it to the 70's! You are "Hustling" your way to the finishing line (sorry, for the bad pun from the decade).

    ReplyDelete
  2. On your binge comment, I think it's super that you can compare where you've been to where you are now. Don't beat yourself up too much ... you're learning as you go and are committed to moving forward. I agree with Christy, that app is pretty cool. I tried a 30-day ab challenge, but my bad back was none to pleased with me.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!