Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week 3

Week 3 down and a massive loss of 2.2kgs! That brings me to 10.2kgs lost overall! I am SO HAPPY! It's also my first mini goal of 10kgs achieved! 1/5th of the way to my goal! So excited!

The next goal on the horizon is 20kgs, which will be shortly followed by my descent into double digits! I would just LOVE to be under 100kgs again.

Other little benefits I've noticed is that I'm generally feeling better. I have struggles with depression and since being on this diet, I've noticed that my general mood is so improved. I'm far less irritable and can seem to take stress a lot better. In Week 2 I had a few teary moments when I felt very hungry and deprived, but Week 3 has been a very strong one, and my best yet in terms of the lack of hunger.

I went to a party on Saturday night and this was the first time I've had to pass on so much yummy food being sent around. The cake did look amazing, but I am committed to this journey and the healthier, happier me to come!

I owe a lot to the support I have been given. From my amazing partner, supportive friends, and all the people in the Optifast forums and Facebook Group! Through reading about all these inspirational losses and recipe ideas I have found a lot of inspiration and motivation. I doubt I would be going this strong without that!

I am really enjoying the challenge of cooking with veggies alone and discovering all these wonderful new recipe ideas. Next ones I want to try are a Mushroom soup (with Cauliflower to make it creamier), vegetable Shepherd's pie (with Cauli mash!) and a vegetarian San Choy Bow.


WIL: 2.2kgs and 1/5th of my starting weight!
WIG: Knowledge that I can go to a party without having to eat and drink like Hedonism-bot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!