Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Spinning and Stuff

Last night a co-worker and I went to an RPM (Spinning) class. It was hard work - the first class always is! My co-worker said she felt it too, so at least I wasn't alone. I'm hoping that the next one goes a bit easier!

I did take it a little easy at times because I could just feel like I was on the brink of maybe being on the brink of passing out (if that makes sense). I was just conscious that I am on a VLCD and also had already exercised that day. Plus, I was due to run the following day. But, I completed it fine and by the end I still felt like I had nothing left to give - which is how I like to feel. (Don't leave anything on the track!)

I tried a Powerade Zero (mostly sugarfree - about 9-10 calories, from memory) to refuel me a bit. A couple of times on this diet I have pushed myself WAY too hard with exercise and gotten really headachey, tired and miserable. I didn't want that to happen. The Powerade Zero was pretty good - it didn't taste too artificial.

After dinner, I also decided to have a couple of eggs too. I wasn't hungry or craving, but I wanted to eat a bit extra to make up (somewhat) for the exercise I'd done and still be able to complete my run the next day. I'm mainly doing this RPM/possible other gym classes to be social and have fun. But, my main exercise goal is to do this 5km in April. So, I didn't want anything to get in the way of that.

I went over my daily calories by about 200 - but I more than made up for that with the extra exercise. So, hopefully my body is cool with that. It was only eggs too. Not like I went and had a chocolate bar and thought "Yeah, I earned that!" I'll keep an eye on my weigh ins and general well being over the next few weeks while I add this exercise in. I don't want to be eating too much or too little.

So, this morning's run was a little tough, but we still improved our overall pace from Monday - which I'm really happy about. I still feel impatient and want to be running 5km already! But, I have to just calm down and go with the flow. Regardless of how far I can run, I'm still getting in a good workout every morning, which is helping with my main goal of weight loss. And, in April, I will do that 5km. I will. So, just gotta be patient and follow the program.

Putting my trust in things other than myself is weird for me. Trusting this diet. Trusting the running program, etc. But it's been good for me. It's been good to just say "You know what? My choices to date have been poor. I have pretty much PROVEN that whatever diet/exercise plans I put into place I have been able to stick to. So, why not trust Optifast? Why not trust the C25K?" Of course, I know there is still an element of knowing yourself and making minor adaptations in some cases. But overall, it's been kind of freeing to just give up control a bit and trust in some experts.

----

In other news, I'm excited for this Friday! We are going to see The National - one of my favourite bands ever! It's going to be so great. The singer's voice is this beautiful angsty baritone... I'm sure I'm going to cry with pleasure and emotion! It's in an outdoor amphitheatre - so hopefully we can get there nice and early and get the good seats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!