Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 26

The weeks seem to be flying by lately. End of Week 26 brings a loss of 500g. I am sitting at 79.2kgs today.
 
It's weird to say, but I sort of feel like I don't really care. This morning I just looked at the number on the scales and thought, "Is it less? Yes? Good." And that was it.
 
30 Day Fitness Challenges - screenshotI started three 30 day challenges on May 1st. I bought the 30 Day Fitness Challenges App, which was a slight gamble as there was no free trial option. But, luckily, I'm pretty happy with it. I like that it has a whole bunch of challenges I can try, and links to how to do the exercises.
 
The challenges are great because they motivate me to do some strength training, which hasn't always been my focus, even though I do enjoy it. The cool thing is that (at least so far) I can get it all done in 5 minutes or so before my morning shower. And I still feel good-sore later, which convinces me that it's working.
 
Anyway, the point is that this is new(ish) for me, since I've never been too regular about doing my Pump classes. So, I'm expecting some reduced losses for a while due to some muscle building and water retention. That's fine. I am already seeing some changes in the mirror - some streamlining and such. So, if the scales wanna argue, they can go right ahead, I'm not listening.
 
In other news, the boyfriend and I ran 6km for the first time on Saturday. It was a horrible run - I had a stitch/cramp in my stomach and side the whole time. I had to really dig deep to push through and finish. In terms of leg and chest fitness (breathing/heart rate), things felt good - I felt like I could get into a nice rhythym. The stitch was probably just caused by drinking too much water beforehand. I am proud of myself for getting it done despite the pain though!
 
We are still working on running a faster 5km. So, our current program is a 5km run on Mondays, a speed/interval run on Wednesdays and an easy "long" run on Saturdays for endurance. I say "long" because we are just working our way up from 5km to something longer. I think the plan for next Saturday is to run for 50mins (whatever distance that ends up being - maybe 6.5km or so) because with a 5min warm up/down either side, that makes it a nice round 1 hour workout.

The program seems to be working. We generally run a PB most runs, unless it's really windy or one of us feels a bit off. Our fastest time (from this morning) is 34:38, which is 7 seconds faster than last weekend! Ideally we'd like to get it down to 30 or below.

Eating-wise, I'm mostly back on track, and keeping to 1200 calories a day. I had one day last week where I went over, but I'm ok with that. Just gotta keep going. Keep moving forward. Keep taking steps in the right direction. Even if they're baby steps!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caitlin, congratulations on the loss this week! Thank you for posting the name of your fitness challenge app. I love all the ways that our phones can support our fitness lifestyle. It is nice that your boyfriend is being a great partner on this journey. It makes for a happy life. Cheers to the two of you. Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy. I am glad to help. I hope it is useful to you!
      I am indeed very lucky to have such a supportive partner. It helps immensely to be able to share a challenge with someone and rejoice in the achievements together!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!