Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 27

...Oops. I messed up. I ate badly Friday, Saturday and Sunday and have gained. The result? I'm back up to 80kgs. So, the 800gms I've so painstakingly lost over the last 2 weeks have been plopped back on again.

Ok, enough. I have been beating myself up about this all day. And, despite the fact I've given myself a real working over, it hasn't burnt any calories! I need to just learn what I can from this and move on.

So, why have I gained?
- Building muscle? Maybe a little.
- Water retention? Well, I did eat a lot of carbs and sodium - perhaps there is some water weight in there. Ok.
- (TMI) Backed up a bit? Yep. Got that going on.
- Eating too much food and, especially, too much high calorie junk? Check. There's your man.

It probably is a combination of factors. And eating too much junk has contributed to the water retention and being back up. Yuk. I really do feel sluggish and horrid. But, at the same time all I want is to go and eat MORE of that rubbish. Why?!? Especially when I know that eating that stuff is the direct cause of me feeling so bad?

Perhaps it's the nature of food addiction. Or perhaps it's because I have fallen into that negative cycle of feeling bad and bingeing and feeling bad and bingeing. I need to break it.

I decided this morning that I need to get re-focused. So, I was going to do at least 3 days to a week of the Intensive plan (3 meal replacements + 1tsp oil + 2-4 cups of veggies). I think I will allow myself an extra serve of protein too since we are back to the gym this week (cringe).

I need to call on all my inner strength here and get this going again. I can't let this be the beginning of the end. This is just going to be a blip on the radar. This is going to be a positive thing, a re-ignition of sorts. I am determined.

2 comments:

  1. It's a blip Caitlin, and part of the learning process too. No one is perfect all of the time. You're in the thick of the learning process now that you're eating. Take it as information/a lesson and move on. It's not the beginning of the end, it's the beginning, period. I know you'll get through this! You have a great plan, and the carb vacation will reset things. Hang in there babe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support. You are so right. I'm gonna hang in there. Thanks for believing in me! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!