Saturday, December 7, 2013

Mushroom Soup

I tried the mushroom soup from the Optifast website this week and boy is it delicious! I think I have a new staple!

The recipe below is adapted from the Optifast Intensive phase Mushroom Soup

Mushroom Soup
Ingredients
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 8 cloves of crushed garlic

1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 medium leeks, roughly chopped
- 1kg of mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into floreats
- Pepper to taste

Method

Add oil, garlic, onion, leeks and mushrooms to a large saucepan. Cook and stir until softened.
Add stock and cauliflower and bring to boil, then simmered for about 25-30mins.
Remove from heat and use a stick blender to puree smooth.

Add pepper to serve!



With the addition of the cauliflower, it's so creamy and delicious!! I'm absolutely going to make again. I'm sure the salt in the chicken stock made it extra delicious, but I will try to buy the pre-made salt-reduced stuff next time.

It makes 8 serves (or more) depending on the size of your veggies. I find that a small serve is enough to fill me up!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!