Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Feeling "Normal"

Just a quick update to share this little photo: 
 

I took this in the bathrooms at a friend's wedding 2 weeks ago. I was wearing an old size 16 dress from my closet (that I hadn't worn since another wedding 8 years ago!!)

For the first time in many many years, I didn't feel like I was a monster next to all the other girls. Sure, I'm a bit bigger/curvier etc - I'm a size 16 to their 10/12s. But, I still felt "normal". Like I wasn't standing out for the wrong reasons.

And, I'll admit it. I might have even felt a bit pretty!

This weight loss stuff... it's totally worth it!

4 comments:

  1. You look so happy and lovely! You deserve the happiness that comes along with the hard work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!! I've recently started [as in today!] Intensive, though I started two weeks ago, lost 3.9kg on my first week and then got majorly derailed in the second week due to"life", so am restarting today and have been reading your thread over there, so inspiring =))

    I also believe we have a mutual friend - the lovely Sunny from Sunny Darling Blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rach! Thanks so much for reading and commenting. Really appreciate it! Great first week loss! I'm sorry to hear you got derailed, but you are awesome for getting back into it again.

      Nice to know we have a mutual friend too! Stay in touch - I'd love to hear how you go!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!