Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 21

This week I lost 0.6kg! Not bad at all. I'm expecting that to drop back down a little this week, because yesterday I weighed in about another 0.6kgs lighter. No matter though - down is good. Plus, being 83.7kgs means I have hit another goal: I have lost 30% of my starting body weight!! Amazing!
 
Here's a progress photo I had the boyfriend take for me yesterday:
 
 
This morning we ran for 30mins straight! This is the last week of the C25K program we're doing. We did the timed version, so the goal was 30mins. And we did it! We are running it two more times this week and will try to improve on the pace a little. Today we ran at 8.3kp/h and ran just under 4.2km. Not bad! We were actually pretty consistent in our overall pace too, which I always hope for. Sometimes we can go out a bit fast and then drag it home, so I liked that we kept it pretty consistent the whole way.
 
 
I never thought, all those weeks ago when I started just running 60 seconds at a time (and struggling to finish), that I'd be able to run so far and for so long. Especially after only 9-10 weeks of training. It's a great feeling!
 
I'm not sure if we'll keep running for 30mins three times a week and try to up our pace, or if we'll try to get to 5km first. I think we might go for the distance first since there is a cool program they run in Australia called ParkRun where you can go run a free timed fun run every week. I just feel like that would be a great thing to do. Then we can work on our pace through those official times.
 
Running was extra awesome this morning because on the weekend I splurged a little and bought myself some new leggings, a visor, a new sports bra, and a belt to put my phone in that clips around my waist. Much more comfortable than carrying the phone in the bra!
 
I had really wanted to hold off a little longer before I bought any bras, because I am sure to go down another size or so before I get to my goal weight. But, the lack of support was actually starting to hurt a bit when I ran, so I had to relent. The really wonderful thing was that the lady fit me into a size 14D. The old bras are an 18C (and I was even squeezing into them at my highest weight). So, that felt pretty amazing, I have to say!
 
I think this is going to be a good week!
 
WIL: 0.6kgs and another big milestone!
WIG: New running gear!! The ability to run for 30mins without stopping!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Caitlin!! You look terrific! Cute shoes by the way :-) Glad you bought yourself the right gear for your new running life. You earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable are you! I love that pic of you in curlers ;-) Your running program is so admirable and you definitely have come a long way. Congrats on all the success you have had so far.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!