Thursday, February 6, 2014

PB2 and Veggie Fritters

On Tuesday my order of PB2 arrived!! I am so excited about it. I have been reading about this stuff on all kinds of US-based blogs and recipe sites. So happy that I finally have some! And it's yum! I made up a serve and it tastes so much like regular peanut butter. Mind you - I haven't eaten real peanut butter in over 3 months. But, I reckon it's close enough anyway!
 
A serving size according to the label is 2 tbsp (45cals, 1.5g fat, 5g protein, 5g carbs). But I've found that 1tbsp is plenty for my needs. I have been putting it in my chocolate shakes! It's so delicious, and I've found that the added protein makes the shakes overall much more filling. I can't wait to try it on some veggie sticks!
 
Also - It's going to be great for making health bars for my boyfriend's work snacks. Can't wait to trying making all the cool things with it!
---
Last night I whipped up some veggie fritters with eggs, a little low-fat cheese, some carrots and some capsicums. Yum! I had them for lunch today with a side of veggie sticks and it was really satisfying.
 
Veggie Fritters
3 x eggs
3 x egg whites
1 medium carrot, grated
1/2 medium red capsicum, diced finely
1/2 medium green capsicum, diced finely
30g Kraft Live Free cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp Italian Herbs mix
 
I whisked it all together, then greased a hot frying pan with olive oil spray, then cooking til they were golden brown. I used a 1/4 cup to measure them out and it made 6 fritters.
 
Each fritter worked out to be 81 calories, 4.3g fat, 7.5g protein and 2.8g carbs. Nice! The boyfriend thought they looked really good and swiped one last night! So, I divided mine up into two serves of 2.5 and that worked out to just over 200 calories. Not bad at all.

Most of the recipes I've seen like this use zucchini instead of capsicum - but I just used what I had on hand. I reckon it would work with most veggies. Onion might be a nice one to try. Or broccoli. Yummm!

2 comments:

  1. YUM!! They look so good!
    I absolutely can't wait until I'm on transition and I can have real eggs! haha
    x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!