Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 14

And that's the end of Week 14. I'm still blown away at how long I've been on this diet. Even though, the amount I've lost on Optifast has been pretty quick - I still marvel at how I've managed to stay committed. I think the larger losses are a great motivator. And the simplicity.

This week I weighed in at 91.9kgs. That seems like such a small number to me! In a couple of weeks I might even be in the 80s... gosh. My scales also kindly informed me that my BMI was 31.8 (closing in on sub-30/overweight territory!) and that my body age was 49! Yesss - out of the 50s! Super super stoked.
-----

It's week 3 of the Couch to 5K this week, and I really feel like we're getting into the swing of things. This round is:
- 5 min walk warm up
- 90 sec run / 90 sec walk
- 3 min run / 3  min walk
- 90 sec run / 90 sec walk
- 3 min run
- 5 min walk cool down

So it's actually only 25mins total, compared to 29min last week. I had a bit of trepidation about the jump to a 3min interval (the longest we'd done before was 90 secs), but I think  it went pretty well. The last 3min interval was tough and I felt like I was fighting with my legs to move for most of the last minute. But overall it was pretty easy. We are going to try and up the pace in the next two runs this week to increase the difficulty.

I just love running! It gives me such an all-day lift. I'm kind of tempted to add in another run on the weekend where I can test my skills and see how long I could run for. Partly because I'm impatient and want to just run 2km straight, and partly because of those addictive addictive endorphins! But, I don't want to push myself and ruin my body for the program. I guess I should be patient. Patience has worked well for me so far.

I haven't touched the resistance bands or weights since I got so light headed and hungry about a month ago. I was going to wait until I was on Transition... but I haven't done anything about that yet. I guess I've just been focusing on running, and making sure I'm still in control with food. What I just said sounds a bit... excusey? Maybe I'll look into incorporating a quick 10-15min resistance workout twice this week and see how it goes.

I'm actually a little bit in love with my body right now. That sounds so conceited! Slowly this thin waist is starting to appear. And sometimes when I look down at what I previously defined as "thunder thighs" I think - hey they look ok. My legs are kinda nice! Week by week this body that I really like is starting to emerge. I'm not going to fight it - liking myself is something I should have started a long time ago. And if I'd liked what I'd seen when I actually was a healthy weight, I might not have eaten myself to near oblivion. Something to keep working on...

-----

Yesterday boyfriend and I made a delicious kangaroo mince meat bolognese (much lower in fat than beef mince). I've never tried using kangaroo like that before but it worked really well. It honestly tastes just the same as the beef would. I wouldn't know the difference. The man liked it too! I put a scoop of that onto a small bowl of zucchetti (zucchini noodles) and it was a delicous little meal. I love it when we can cook a meal for the both of us!

Speaking of cooking... if you haven't checked out my lovely new friend's blog by now... you really should! http://sunnydarlingblog.com/
She's also doing the Australian Optifast program and is just a whizz at cooking, photography, writing and blogging. I want to make literally every recipe she's posted! I even bought brussel sprouts this week to try her Sprouts on a stick, and I've previously been too afraid to ever try those vegetables given all the bad reviews!
 
WIL: 1.6kgs!!
WIG: More and more and more fitness. A love for running. More energy. A little self-love!

6 comments:

  1. you're smashing it. Are you doing the c25k on a treadmill or out and about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaynie. :-) I am just doing the C25K out and about. We pick a route that is around about 3km and that seems to work for the warm up/down + intervals.

      Delete
  2. C25k sounds interesting... congrats on all your wonderful successes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really do recommend the C25K. But also, I think just having a program that you can stick to that you know will continually challenge you takes a lot of the thought out of things.

      Delete
  3. So inspiring that you're in love with your body! That's truly a wonderful thing and definitely not conceited. I pray we all get there. I want to appreciate my own body in a similar way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. I keep remembering this quote/meme that I saw. It said "I wish I was as thin as I was back when I thought I was fat".

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!