Friday, January 10, 2014

Drops and Droops

It's Friday. Huzzah! It has been a long tough week. First week back after the Christmas break, and my enthusiasm levels for work have been around 0.03%. But I have gradually done a bit more work each day so that I'm feeling a bit less guilty. I say this as I write a blog post at work...

I installed an app on my phone yesterday called Water Your Body. One of the girls in my Facebook support group recommended it. It makes a little watery sound every hour to remind you to check in with it and tell it how much you've drunk so far, which also motivates me take a few more sips from my drink bottle. Day 1 down and I met my recommended personal quota of 3.2 litres - so yay!

We'll see how long this lasts. Usually I'm into these things for all of a week or so. But, at least it's reminding me to drink more and also space it out a bit better instead of downing a litre when I get home because I forgot all day!

I've decided I want to set up a little workout area in our spare room at home. It already has my exercise bike in there which I've had for years and rarely use. Last night I bought some resistance bands to use in there, but when I got home I realised the 5.5kg ones I got would be too light. I wanted aroud 4-5kgs for each arm, so if I'm both arms at the same time it's only going to be about 2.75kgs each. I might go back after work and see if I can exchange them.

Next thing I need to do is get a music stand or something else to rest my iPad on so I can run YouTube video workouts to follow on there. And also to stream Foxtel (Pay TV) to watch while I'm on the bike.

The weekend we have friends coming over for dinner, which is always a bit tough since I don't eat much real food these days and I'm starting to lose touch with what a nice meal would be! I have my partner to help, though. And we also need to start marking out the front lawn for the paving I'm going to do.

It's going to be a busy one! So, I hope I get time to get started on the resistance stuff. I am starting to look might droopy and flabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!