Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 12

End of Week 12. That concludes just about 3 months on Optifast Intensive. Wow...

Today I weighed in at 95kgs, which is a loss of 1kg since last week. And.... 25kgs total! Which is OFFICIALLY half way to my goal of 70kgs!!

I cannot believe it. Or how fast it's been. Optifast is truly amazing.

I am going mad on Intensive at the moment and need to do at least a couple of weeks of Transition. And that starts today! I will be making my long-awaited chicken+avo wrap with care and taking a picture to mark the occasion!

Admittedly, I'm a little scared of starting on more real food now. Especially yummy things like chicken and avocado. I think my subconscious agrees with me, because last night I had a horrible dream where I binged on Shapes, chocolate and chips for ages. My dream mind was thinking that I'd blown it - all my hard work eaten away. Thank goodness, it was only a dream. It was terrifying!

But, it's all fine. I'm here today with no slip ups and 25kgs lost to show for it. I hate to sound like I'm boasting, but I'm trying to pump myself up. After being on a diet for a while you start to take things for granted. But, I am really proud of myself. This is the best I've done on any diet, and I'm determined to make it last. And count. And to learn the lessons I need to learn to never get this big (or even close) again.


Go little turtle, go! Can't wait for that BMI to get under 30!!

I was also thinking I should probably post some progress shots. To see if I can tell much of a difference. I definitely feel less bloated. Yesterday while I was out shopping, I mentioned to my boyfriend that I didn't feel like I was a really fat person anymore - maybe just a bit of a chubby one! 

WIL: Another kilo and HALF of my total weight loss goal! 
WIG: More confidence, and more intelligence about food.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! 25kg is an amazing accomplishment! Enjoy your yummy wrap :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you! I have every reason to be excited. Reading about your food dream reminded me of the time I had a dream I was swimming in chocolate pudding while I was on Optifast. It was such an unusual dream and so vivid, but hilarious ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! Wow - that is one crazy dream!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!