Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Turning it Up

I did my fastest ever walk this morning - 3kms in 28.5mins. That may be slow for a lot of you, but it's a lot faster for me! I think in the beginning I was doing 3kms in 35mins.

I don't always feel like pushing it. Sometimes my morning walks are more of a relaxation/wake up thing. Especially if I've done some exercise on the bike or resistance bands the night before. But, this morning I challenged my boyfriend and myself to beat our PB (which I think might have been just over 30mins).

Yay for us!

I'm hoping that turning up the intensity a bit will help prepare me for the Couch to 5K that I want to start doing from the start of my Transition phase. (I've already downloaded an app for it!) It's going to be hard at first, I know. I'm very unfit. But, I know from previous experience that if I stick at it, I will get better every time.

Reading all these wonderful weight loss and fitness blogs like Poonapalooza, Optifast Mom and Runs For Cookies has really got me motivated to get running. So, that is a goal of mine. I've just been hesitant to run with so much weight on me, in case I hurt my knees or ankles. And also while my calories are so restricted. I am really frightened that I will push myself into being hungry again.

Hmmm... these all sound like excuses! I think I really just need to bite the bullet and see how it goes. I won't know til I try!

I'm feeling a lot better today than I did last week. Work feels better. I think I've finally managed to catch up on all the work after my Xmas break. So, that has helped my mood.

I need to get a move on with my paving project for our front yard. Need to mark out the sections I need digged up and then hire someone with a bobcat to do it for me. Plus, we also need to do something about the lifting tiles in our laundry, and the damp smell in there (which may or may not be associated with the lifting tiles!). Oh, and of course the 4 more doors we need to paint. And the feature wall in the bedroom. And then, the creative painting pieces I want to do for the bare walls everywhere. We bought our first house 6 months ago and boy there are always things to do, aren't there?!

The good thing is that being happier and healthier on Optifast has seen me do a lot more work around the house than before. I was always on the couch. And when we did a big clean I'd often have to sit down for breaks because my back or hips were sore. Not so much, now.

Hope you're all well and having a good week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!